Friday

Father, Daddy, Dad, Pops, Pa

As you may (or may not) know, this Sunday, June 19, is Father's Day. I thought it would be appropriate to give a little shout-out to all the fathers, husbands & grandfathers and share a few ideas and funnies as well.


Do you already have plans for Father's Day? Do you buy gifts, or just give a card? Do you have your children make something for dear ol' dad?

If you're not an over-achiever and have yet to think of what to do for dad, I've rounded up a few ideas.
If you don't follow Laurie, over at Tip Junkie, then you should - RIGHT NOW. I swear, you will never run out of things to do or make with your kids. Just look at these printables that are yours - FOR FREE - thanks to Laurie and all those lovely, crafty ladies that submit their talent.


Here's a printable for Dad and if you click the picture it will take you to the Creative Homemaker's blog where she also has a little survey for a Grandpa and Papa. 


For more easy craft ideas check out: Nothing but Country, Family Fun, The Idea Room, Eighteen25, Be Different Act Normal. There are so many wonderful ideas out there. I found most of mine on Pinterest. If you aren't on Pinterest and would like to be invited, email me your email address and I'll send you an invite. If you are on there and we aren't following each other you may find me by searching for Dawn's Diversions. What is Pinterest, you may ask? It's like a pin board where you save all the lovely, creative things you find on the web. It keeps it all very organized. If you find yourself bookmarking lots of ideas you find on the internet, then you should definitely be using Pinterest. ;) 



How about starting Dad's morning off with a homemade breakfast of Cinnamon Roll Pancakes? Don't these look and sound divine?! Thank you, Lori, over at Recipe Girl for sharing such a fantastic recipe. 



I could spend hours putting together ideas for this post, but I think these are great ones to get you started, especially if you click on those links! Be sure and let us know if you end up making any of the crafts. 

I'm going to leave you with a You Tube video that should crack you up. Wednesday night Jimmy Fallon's Twitter hashtag segment was titled #thatsmydad. People tweeted in things about their fathers and it was HILARIOUS! It made me laugh out loud. As a matter-of-fact, I laughed so hard in bed, it made my husband jump in his sleep!   If you didn't see it, then it will be worth your time to watch the video. And, if you don't watch it, you're a jackleg! (You'll have to watch it to know what I mean. Ha!) 




~Mrs. Albright
Smothering you with love on Father's Day like....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails